Here is how we feed our baby:
2) Boil water and heat the feed with the water. (Don't heat formula with a microwave)
4) Take pump bag out of the fridge. Once bag and feed are warmed, carefully pour the feed into the pump bag.
5) Remove as much air as possible from the bag then close the lid. Make sure the lid is closed evenly all the way around, if there are any edges still up, press down to snap them into place.
8) Gently pull the ends of the hose until the cartridge fits into the pump. Push down on it to make sure it's in all the way.
9) Close the pump's door. (If you forget this step the pump will beep at you, which it does to me all the time)
11) Hold the on/off button to turn on the pump.
12) Check the rate and dose, for example our bolus dose is 110ml and rate is 100ml/hr while our continuous dose is 220ml and rate is 37ml/hr.
13) Make sure the volume is cleared to zero.
(The pump will count the volume it pumps as it goes, and will say "dose done" when it has completed. If you didn't add enough feed to complete the volume you programmed it will beep and say "no feed". It will also beep and message if there is a kink in the hose or an air bubble.)
15) Make sure the Gtube clip if closed (so nothing from the stomach can come out) and open the big end of the Gtube and insert the red tip of the hose securely into the Gtube. (Don't push the tip in too far or you will stretch the tube.)
16) "flush" the Gtube by syringing water into the small hole in the Gtube. We flush 10ml of water before and after each feed to make sure Braxton gets enough water throughout the day.
18) Press the "run" button on the pump and watch your baby eat! And the best part....he can eat while he sleeps. Thats one calm, happy, baby :)